Breaking bad habits is mainly about changing the way we think, which is far easier said than done. Thankfully, hypnosis can work wonders to help us start to make these positive changes!
City Hypnosis is one of London’s leading hypnotherapy practices, founded by Aaron Surtees – one of the UK’s most experienced practitioners. Backed by a team of experts, City Hypnosis have an incredible 92% success rate in treatments. Today, City Hypnosis practitioner Jana Sheena is sharing 5 habits hypnosis can help you break!
- Binge eating – for many people, binge eating is a never-ending cycle of temptation, capitulation, and then guilt. As well as working on the root causes of the problem, such as low-esteem, hypnosis will help you identify certain trigger moments, and then eliminate them.
- Procrastination – nearly everyone struggles with getting stuff done – big or small. But this overwhelming feeling can have a crippling effect on people, causing them to slip further behind. Hypnotherapy creates a mental shift that allows you to do what you need to, without delay. Your unconscious mind, which drives procrastination, will switch to ‘do’ rather than ‘delay’ – increasing productivity, happiness and calmness.
- Quit smoking – quitting smoking can be a real challenge, especially for long-term smokers. Beating the physical addiction is the easy part. Breaking deeply ingrained habits and behaviours is the real hard part. City Hypnosis’ “1 session” programme helps clients use their desire to stop smoking by cementing that message deep into the subconscious.
- Nail biting – nail biting is usually associated with anxiety. Although it’s essentially harmless, it can be a bit embarrassing, especially if you find yourself doing it in “grown-up” situations, like a job interview or on a first date. Thankfully, hypnosis can help us break the habit. Once in a hypnotic state, a therapist will make a simple suggestion – the next time you think about biting your nails, just turn your hand upside down. This simple technique is called habit reversal. It’s straightforward, but the treatment has a 90% success rate!
- Spending money – sound financial planning is nearly impossible without good impulse control. The decisions we make each day are related to unconscious habits and responses which can be changed through hypnotherapy. Through hypnotherapy, you can start to match the desires in the unconscious mind with the goals of the conscious mind, fundamentally changing how you think and feel about spending.