5 HABITS HYPNOSIS CAN HELP YOU BREAK
- Binge eating – for many people, binge eating is a never-ending cycle of temptation, capitulation, and then guilt. As well as working on the root causes of the problem, such as low-esteem, hypnosis will help you identify certain trigger moments, and then eliminate them.
- Procrastination – nearly everyone struggles with getting stuff done – big or small. But this overwhelming feeling can have a crippling effect on people, causing them to slip further behind. Hypnotherapy creates a mental shift that allows you to do what you need to, without delay. Your unconscious mind, which drives procrastination, will switch to ‘do’ rather than ‘delay’ – increasing productivity, happiness and calmness.
- Quit smoking – quitting smoking can be a real challenge, especially for long-term smokers. Beating the physical addiction is the easy part. Breaking deeply ingrained habits and behaviours is the real hard part. City Hypnosis’ “1 session” programme helps clients use their desire to stop smoking by cementing that message deep into the subconscious.
- Nail biting – nail biting is usually associated with anxiety. Although it's essentially harmless, it can be a bit embarrassing, especially if you find yourself doing it in “grown-up” situations, like a job interview or on a first date. Thankfully, hypnosis can help us break the habit. Once in a hypnotic state, a therapist will make a simple suggestion – the next time you think about biting your nails, just turn your hand upside down. This simple technique is called habit reversal. It’s straightforward, but the treatment has a 90% success rate!
- Spending money – sound financial planning is nearly impossible without good impulse control. The decisions we make each day are related to unconscious habits and responses which can be changed through hypnotherapy. Through hypnotherapy, you can start to match the desires in the unconscious mind with the goals of the conscious mind, fundamentally changing how you think and feel about spending.
OTHER SIMILAR ARTICLES
Hypnosis to stop nail biting
Many people have a habit of biting their nails for different reasons. Some do it due to stress; others do it because of anxiety; some of these people are keen on stopping this habit, but they become more skeptical when hypnotherapy is mentioned.READ MORE
Why being slim is a state of mind: The five-step hypnosis programme that will help you to banish Covid stone & keep the weight off for good!
As lockdown continues to ease, our days spent indoors in front of a laptop wearing oversized hoodies and comfortable tracksuit bottoms are coming to an end and a return to the office looms.
And with it is the realisation for many that work clothes no longer fit.
It’s little wonder the pandemic has led to the phrase ‘Covid stone’ becoming a part of our lexicon.
A recent Kings College and Ipsos MORI survey provided a snapshot of the impact Coronavirus has had on the nation’s lifestyle habits and emotions.
Of the 2,254 people questioned, 48% found they have put on weight during lockdown, the same percentage report feeling depressed or anxious and 29% said they have been drinking more alcohol.
But is a drastic calorie-controlled diet or exhausting fitness regime really the answer to shifting those pounds?
Hypnotherapist Aaron Surtees believes the answer to weight loss lies in harnessing the power of our minds.READ MORE
Can hypnotherapy for stopping smoking work?
The question on the minds of many is, does hypnotherapy for stopping smoking work? Hypnotherapy has been used for a long time and some people have benefitted from this mode of treatment. Since it is a non-invasive one, some people have fared well in it.READ MORE