5 of the most common issues cured by Hypnosis
- Anxiety - Modern life is pretty relentless, so it's unsurprising that anxiety disorders are on the rise. A survey by AnxietyUK found that more than 10% of adults will suffer from anxiety at some point in their lives, and many more will develop long-term, debilitating conditions. Thankfully, there are ways of managing anxiety, including hypnotherapy. It encourages patients to fall into a relaxed physical and mental state, thus mitigating the effects of anxiety and stress. Hypnotherapy can also help forge new pathways in the brain by allowing patients to confront their anxieties in a safe, controlled environment.
- Weight loss - Weight loss is usually best achieved through diet and regular exercise. However, this requires a huge change in lifestyle habits. This is never easy, especially in the beginning, and this is where hypnotherapy can help. Hypnotherapy places educative suggestions into the patients subconscious. These are related to making better food choices and breaking bad habits. It replaces old and negative patterns of thinking with a positive attitude directed towards self-improvement.
- Confidence - Confidence is a state of mind. It’s about telling ourselves positive stories and expecting the very best. When we don’t feel confident, we feel stressed, anxious, and ultimately unhappy. We expect bad things to happen. We become the victims of a self-fulfilling prophecy. This often happens because our unconscious holds onto negative beliefs which we then view as permanent modes of being. But this simply isn't true. Hypnotherapy accesses the unconscious mind and uses the power of suggestion to enact positive change. In other words, it helps us re-write the stories we tell ourselves.
- Phobias - A phobia is a type of anxiety disorder defined by a persistent or excessive fear of an object or situation. Phobia is often defined as an irrational fear, which explains why a six-foot person can be afraid of a tiny spider, or even just a balloon. In other cases, a phobia is an extreme fear of a potentially dangerous situation, such as a fear of heights. Phobias are perpetuated by neural pathways in the brain that overstimulate our fight or flight reflex. Through hypnotherapy, the patient uncovers the underlying cause of the phobia, which is often linked to early, traumatic experience. Hypnotherapy then re-wires the patients conditioned emotional responses to any physical manifestations of the phobia.
- Addictions - Addiction is a deeply rooted behaviour that has disastrous effects on individuals, families, and even communities. A bad addiction can rob a person of their individuality, turning them into a slave to a cycle of bad decisions and destructive behaviours. And while there's evidence that some people have a genetic predisposition to addiction, it's primarily a mental health concern which is often associated with low self-esteem and repressed trauma. Studies have shown that hypnotherapy can adjust addictive behaviours, alleviate the physical and mental pain of withdrawal, and cultivate a stronger sense of self-worth.
We offer a variety of Audio Downloads on each of our treatments, crafted by Aaron Surtees. Visit our downloads page to learn more on these helpful guides, or if you're ready to book an appointment, visit our Contact page to get in touch with a member of the team today!
OTHER SIMILAR ARTICLES
What is gastric band hypnosis
Gastric Band hypnosis or gastric band hypnotherapy is delivered by using carefully worded hypnotic suggestion to help your mind use its own power of imagination to convince yourself that you have been through the surgical procedure of having a gastric band fitted.READ MORE
The real reasons Hypnotherapy helps with weight problems
According to Benjamin Bonnetti, the self-proclaimed inventor of The Hypnotic Gastric Band, the main reason hypnotherapy doesn’t work is because those that practice it quite often don’t take care of themselves.READ MORE
Hypnosis services for Vaginismus
Having any condition is not fun. Some come with a lot of pain and can be stressing in a great way. One of such conditions is Vaginismus. When you have this condition, the muscles of the vagina spasm or squeeze when inserting something such as a penis or tampon into it. It can be painful or mildly uncomfortable.READ MORE