5 SIGNS YOU HAVE AN UNHEALTHY RELATIONSHIP WITH FOOD
So much focus in our society is placed on food, dieting and eating habits. It’s important to understand how we eat and to recognize when our eating behaviour might be unhealthy. Our relationship with food is so much more than hunger and cravings – it can easily affect our self-esteem and emotional well-being.
City Hypnosis is one of London’s leading hypnotherapy practices, founded by Aaron Surtees – one of the UK’s most experienced practitioners. Backed by a team of experts, City Hypnosis have an incredible 92% success rate in treatments. Today, City Hypnosis practitioner Jana Sheena is sharing 5 signs you have an unhealthy relationship with food.
- You think about food all of the time – food is meant to fuel us. If you think about it too much, it takes away precious time and energy, which could be spent more productively. When we are unhappy, thinking about food can be a way of avoiding the real issue.
- You define yourself by your weight – if your mood is dependent on what the scales say, then there is a good chance you are focusing on it too much. The number on a scale is just your pull on gravity and is no reflection on who you are or what you’re worth as a person.
- You think food is the enemy – you shouldn’t try to avoid food or stay away from the kitchen; food is meant to nourish our bodies and isn’t harmful. Taking close watch on the type of food you eat can really help your mood, skin, and overall health. Try to eat mood-boosting superfoods like spinach, blueberries, kale and omega-3s each and every day, and stay away from sugars, fried foods, and processed foods.
- You eat when you aren’t hungry – many people turn to food to cope with their emotions – we’ve all seen in the movies with people crying whilst eating unhealthy foods. People think food makes them happy or is a comfort in some way, but these emotional attachments are unhealthy and can be detrimental to your body.
- You feel guilty whenever you eat – if you tell yourself you can’t have something; you automatically want it more. If you then succumb and eat what you told yourself you couldn't have, you’ll feel emotional, upset and as though you've failed. It’s a lot of emotional energy wasted! Learn to feel relaxed and calm around food, knowing that you are always in control.
Do you think you have an unhealthy relationship with food? No worries! City Hypnosis treatments for issues like this and more are proven by a 92% success rate. If you're ready to end your issues, check out our e-download guides here, or book in for a call with one of our hypnosis specialists here.