Is Social Media Hypnotising You?
For better or for worse, social media has changed the way we live our lives – every day, we check our phones, tablets and laptops to see what’s going on in their world and, no matter how menial it may be, we like publicizing what we’re doing with our day. While it may seem like harmless fun, there can be a darker side to social media, with an increasing amount of people becoming addicted and even hypnotized by it.
- Constant scrolling – we’ve all whittled away hours aimlessly scrolling through social media and switching off from the outside world. It may seem like nothing more than a waste of time, but this trance-like mindset can lead to us becoming vulnerable and easily influenced by new ideas and beliefs – whether good or bad.
- Not being present – Social media can be an escape from the outside world, but it can also cause distress and decrease your productivity. Be mindful not to look on these platforms when you are feeling low and try to limit the impact these sites have on your life. By doing this, you will focus more on the here and now and ultimately make yourself more present.
- Following incorrect information – Social media is awash with so much information that we tend to just absorb it all without taking the time to process it. Due to this constant influx of beliefs, ideas and news, many of us just take the information we see to be correct. Worryingly, however, this has led to there being an increase in nutritional, fitness and life advice from people who may not be necessarily qualified to provide it.
- Feeling bad about yourself – it’s hardly surprising to know that science has found a clear link between anxiety and depression and social media use. These platforms allow people to broadcast an unrealistic and fabricated version of themselves that can lead to others feeling inadequate and low on self-esteem. If you are suffering from these issues, it may be time to take yourself offline for a while.
- Pressure to maintain online image – The fabricated lives that people publicize on social media can lead to intense pressure to constantly be ‘on brand’ and consistent. Unsurprisingly, this has led to numerous fitness bloggers using extreme methods of weight control in order to live up to online expectations.
OTHER SIMILAR ARTICLES
Hypnotherapy at City Hypnosis
When you mention hypnosis, what comes to the minds of many people in the state of human consciousness that has reduced distractions and involves focused attention. In other words, you are referring to the relaxed awareness of the mind where you are physically relaxed, but you are mentally alert.READ MORE
The essence of hypnotherapy for blushing
Everyone, at one point in time, may have experienced blushing. Some people even tend to blush at the slightest provocation or exposure to events that may trigger this behaviour. Most of them want to stop it, and one of the ways of dealing with it is hypnotherapy for blushing.READ MORE
Everything you need to know about Gastric Band Hypnosis
If you read health journals or articles, you have probably come across gastric band hypnosis.READ MORE