Manage Pain with Hypnosis
Pain is classified as either acute or chronic. Acute pain is temporary while the latter exceeds three months. Research indicates that over 1.5 billion people around the world suffer from different types of chronic pain. It is caused by various factors and often does not go away with frequent treatments.
How It Works
Most people think that hypnotherapist help to reduce pain by convincing the patient that it does not exist. The process focuses on accessing the subconscious mind to manage the anxiety and fear that triggers the pain. It becomes easy to manage the pain.
Breathing motion is a common approach used by therapists to relax and drift the patient’s focus from the pain. They often encourage the patients to focus on a beautiful memory or place. The focal point becomes the pleasant state of mind that leads to relaxation. Repetition of the exercise enables the patient to deal with the pain with much less distress in future compared to now.
Common Types of Chronic Pains That Are Treated Using Hypnotherapy
Chronic pain is a multifaceted occurrence influenced by physiological, behavioural, cognitive and emotional responses. It can be used to minimize the negative impact of pains such as:
- Pain from advanced stages of cancer
- Chronic back pains
- Sickle cell related pain
Treatment Techniques Used
Hypnotherapists use different approaches to understand chronic pain triggers in their patients. They use the approaches to minimize the pain effect by drawing the patient’s attention to a positive experience. Here are a few common stages commonly used:
- Induction- the therapist is able to introduce the patient to their abilities to focus attention on positive memories away from the pain.
- Deepening- the procedure focuses on creating a deeper relaxation state of the patient’s body.
- Proposals- both the patient and hypnotherapist consider different suggestions that will ease chronic pain management. The patient can suggest some approaches that reduce the pain’s impact on emotional, physical and mental health.
- Debriefing- they review the experiences that led to the chronic pain state with the aim of identifying the trigger. The therapist focuses on dealing with the trigger to provide a less painful experience for the patient.
It is impossible to take away chronic pain linked to some medical conditions. Continuous intake of medication might not improve the situation. Hypnotherapy is a good approach that does not take up many resources and makes it easy for the patient to deal with the situation.
OTHER SIMILAR ARTICLES
Four things you should know about lap band weight loss
When hypnosis lap band weight loss is mentioned, the first thing that comes to mind is gastric band hypnotherapy.READ MORE
Can hypnosis cure sugar addiction?
One of the essential questions that people who are addicted to sugar have on their mind is, can hypnosis cure this addiction? The answer to this question is yes.READ MORE
Fantastic hypnosis for Weight Loss
Are you preparing for a wedding and want to fit in perfectly in your wedding dress? Alternatively, are you preparing for an event that needs you to lose weight? If so, hypnosis can be an ideal technique to help you with this. Millions of people turn to hypnosis to help them lose a few pounds.READ MORE