Treatment for Alcohol Addicts Using Hypnotherapy
Research indicates that there is a relationship between childhood trauma and alcoholism. This evidence-based process is effective for people with severe PTSD symptoms from their childhood experiences. Alcohol provides a temporary safe haven away from the stressful emotions. Victims will increase their intake hoping to suppress the bad experiences completely. Hypnosis for alcohol problems can be used to treat post-traumatic event. In the above example, any incidence of violence in the teenager's life will contribute to the trauma. Psychologist uses different approaches to treat such cases.
Symptoms of PTSD in Alcoholics
• Anxiety disorders
• Sleep disorders
• Disturbing violent flashbacks
• Anger management problem over small issues
• Recurrent bad dreams
• Unexplained phobias
• Lack of mental focus
How It Works
The technique used for hypnosis treatment is standard in all areas of application. Hypnosis for alcohol problems resulting from post-traumatic stress disorder is effective. It focuses on suppressed emotions. Our senses are connected to the subconscious part of the brain. Accessing these parts of our brain through hypnosis identifies the root causes of the stressful incidences.
• Identifying the triggers that lead to PTSD makes it easy for both the psychologists and victim to work towards successful solutions. Hypnosis approaches used for the treatment of PTSD in alcoholics:
• Providing the addict with control over the situation by identifying the primary triggers to trauma. For example, a psychologist might recommend seeking of closure to ease up the anger and stress of the victim.
• Introduction of stress control and reducing activities. They are recorded to enable the PTSD client to use them during and after treatment when needed.
• Educating alcohol addicts on emotional control to reduce anxiety stress and anger management issues towards the trigger.
• Encouraging the addicts to accept their current situation to work towards recovery.
Hypnosis for alcohol problems is effective for PTSD cases because it accesses locked memories that trigger the trauma leading to addiction. Consider a reputable hypnotherapy organization if you are going through any trauma that has contributed to substance abuse. It will help you address both your past issues and quit substance abuse.
OTHER SIMILAR ARTICLES
5 things you didn’t know about gastric band hypnotherapy
The first thing that crosses my mind is that I should tell you that gastric band hypnotherapy isn’t for everyone, what I mean is that it isn’t successful for everyone. The most successful patients are the ones that truly want to change their weight, eating habits and food relationships.READ MORE
Do you suffer from erectile dysfunction? Try hypnotherapy today for a viable solution
Have an erectile dysfunction can be so discouraging to any man. It lowers your self-esteem in a great way. Not being able to maintain or achieve an erection can be psychologically frustrating and even the most understanding partner might get tired of the relationship. If you are having an erectile dysfunction, you should not feel alone. Studies show that it affects about one in ten men. Additionally, there is some good news for you. You can manage erectile dysfunction through hypnosis and hypnotherapy.READ MORE