Treatment for Alcohol Addicts Using Hypnotherapy
Research indicates that there is a relationship between childhood trauma and alcoholism. This evidence-based process is effective for people with severe PTSD symptoms from their childhood experiences. Alcohol provides a temporary safe haven away from the stressful emotions. Victims will increase their intake hoping to suppress the bad experiences completely. Hypnosis for alcohol problems can be used to treat post-traumatic event. In the above example, any incidence of violence in the teenager's life will contribute to the trauma. Psychologist uses different approaches to treat such cases.
Symptoms of PTSD in Alcoholics
• Anxiety disorders
• Sleep disorders
• Disturbing violent flashbacks
• Anger management problem over small issues
• Recurrent bad dreams
• Unexplained phobias
• Lack of mental focus
How It Works
The technique used for hypnosis treatment is standard in all areas of application. Hypnosis for alcohol problems resulting from post-traumatic stress disorder is effective. It focuses on suppressed emotions. Our senses are connected to the subconscious part of the brain. Accessing these parts of our brain through hypnosis identifies the root causes of the stressful incidences.
• Identifying the triggers that lead to PTSD makes it easy for both the psychologists and victim to work towards successful solutions. Hypnosis approaches used for the treatment of PTSD in alcoholics:
• Providing the addict with control over the situation by identifying the primary triggers to trauma. For example, a psychologist might recommend seeking of closure to ease up the anger and stress of the victim.
• Introduction of stress control and reducing activities. They are recorded to enable the PTSD client to use them during and after treatment when needed.
• Educating alcohol addicts on emotional control to reduce anxiety stress and anger management issues towards the trigger.
• Encouraging the addicts to accept their current situation to work towards recovery.
Hypnosis for alcohol problems is effective for PTSD cases because it accesses locked memories that trigger the trauma leading to addiction. Consider a reputable hypnotherapy organization if you are going through any trauma that has contributed to substance abuse. It will help you address both your past issues and quit substance abuse.
OTHER SIMILAR ARTICLES
How to Manifest Self-Confidence with the Law of Attraction
What’s the deal with this mysterious thing called confidence? It goes up, it goes down… and when you need it most, it has the nasty habit of going missing.
One thing’s for sure though, public interest in how to use the Law of Attraction for self-confidence is on the rise.READ MORE
Fantastic hypnosis for Weight Loss
Are you preparing for a wedding and want to fit in perfectly in your wedding dress? Alternatively, are you preparing for an event that needs you to lose weight? If so, hypnosis can be an ideal technique to help you with this. Millions of people turn to hypnosis to help them lose a few pounds.READ MORE
Gastric Sleeve Hypnotherapy Services
Hypnosis has been used for many things, and one of the frequent targets here is to lose weight. When it comes to gastric band procedure, it applies when you have a gastric band fitted around the stomach for purposes of weight loss. It is considered as the last resort where a gastric band surgery has to take place to install the band around the upper part of the stomach. The idea is to limit the amount of your food intake, which leads to weight loss. Since it is a surgical procedure, it has its own risks and complications.