Understanding how cognitive behavioral therapy can help you
The cognitive behavioral therapy was the common approach used before the discovery of hypnotherapy. A combination of these psychology approaches has been effective over the years. The efficiency is attained by aligning the subconscious mind with the conscious one for a better reality understanding. Cognitive behavioral hypnotherapy influences the emotions and behavior of individuals to bring positive change.
Hypnotherapy for cognitive behavior is a combination of different theories to influence the desired change. It is combines both modern and traditional techniques to achieve balance. Here are a few of the theories used for cognitive behavioral hypnotherapy:
1. Evolutionary psychology
2. Positive psychology
4. Neuro-linguistic programming
Benefits of Using Cognitive Behavioral Hypnotherapy as a Form of Treatment
• Imagery enhancement- Hypnotherapy helps to engage the unconscious mind making it easy to remember the actual occurrence that trigger the unwanted behavior. Visualization sheds light on the matter for the victim.
• Results within a short time- Cognitive behavioral hypnotherapy are a combination of two models. It combines the modern behavioral treatments with hypnotherapy for efficiency. Addition of the hypnotherapy procedure enhances treatment. The physician gets to access both the conscious and unconscious mind to solve past and current problems.
• Deep relaxation- common problems such as anxiety and addiction can be curbed using deep relaxation. The program can be recorded on tape for the affected person to use away from the physician.
• Psychologist-patient relationship- hypnotherapy helps to create a solid and trustworthy relationship that is essential for the treatment process.
Common Areas of Application
Hypnotherapy for cognitive behavior can be used in the following areas to alter the way you feel, think or behave:
• Anxiety disorders
• Unwanted repetitive habits such as alcoholism
• Post-traumatic disorders
• Pain management
Research indicates that cognitive behavioral hypnotherapy is effective. Your physician will recommend if you need the sessions. Kindly note that, cognitive hypnotherapy cannot be used to solve external problems such as family. It focuses on your cognitive functioning. You can combine different treatment approaches if you are dealing with a severe disorder.
OTHER SIMILAR ARTICLES
Improve public speaking today with hypnosis
If you are trying to solve the fear of public speaking, you are not alone. It is a common thing that affects thousands of people. Even the most confident orators will suffer from performance anxiety when speaking to a big audience. If you know you have strong nerves but you still shake, sweat, have difficulty breathing or voice trembles, then you need help to solve this issue.READ MORE
Do you suffer from erectile dysfunction? Try hypnotherapy today for a viable solution
Have an erectile dysfunction can be so discouraging to any man. It lowers your self-esteem in a great way. Not being able to maintain or achieve an erection can be psychologically frustrating and even the most understanding partner might get tired of the relationship. If you are having an erectile dysfunction, you should not feel alone. Studies show that it affects about one in ten men. Additionally, there is some good news for you. You can manage erectile dysfunction through hypnosis and hypnotherapy.READ MORE
Hypnosis for confidence
If you are having issues with your confidence, then hypnosis for confidence is something worth investing in. Having self-esteem or anxiety issues is something millions of people around the world have to struggle to deal with on a daily basis. Do you want to boost your self-esteem and be courageous enough to give public speeches or perform on a big stage?READ MORE