Understanding how cognitive behavioural therapy can help you
The cognitive behavioural therapy was the common approach used before the discovery of hypnotherapy. A combination of these psychology approaches has been effective over the years. The efficiency is attained by aligning the subconscious mind with the conscious one for a better reality understanding. Cognitive behavioural hypnotherapy influences the emotions and behaviour of individuals to bring positive change.
Hypnotherapy for cognitive behaviour is a combination of different theories to influence the desired change. It is combines both modern and traditional techniques to achieve balance. Here are a few of the theories used for cognitive behavioural hypnotherapy:
1. Evolutionary psychology
2. Positive psychology
4. Neuro-linguistic programming
Benefits of Using Cognitive Behavioural Hypnotherapy as a Form of Treatment
• Imagery enhancement- Hypnotherapy helps to engage the unconscious mind making it easy to remember the actual occurrence that trigger the unwanted behaviour. Visualization sheds light on the matter for the victim.
• Results within a short time- Cognitive behavioural hypnotherapy are a combination of two models. It combines the modern behavioural treatments with hypnotherapy for efficiency. Addition of the hypnotherapy procedure enhances treatment. The physician gets to access both the conscious and unconscious mind to solve past and current problems.
• Deep relaxation- common problems such as anxiety and addiction can be curbed using deep relaxation. The program can be recorded on tape for the affected person to use away from the physician.
• Psychologist-patient relationship- hypnotherapy helps to create a solid and trustworthy relationship that is essential for the treatment process.
Common Areas of Application
Hypnotherapy for cognitive behaviour can be used in the following areas to alter the way you feel, think or behave:
• Anxiety disorders
• Unwanted repetitive habits such as alcoholism
• Post-traumatic disorders
• Pain management
Research indicates that cognitive behavioural hypnotherapy is effective. Your physician will recommend if you need the sessions. Kindly note that, cognitive hypnotherapy cannot be used to solve external problems such as family. It focuses on your cognitive functioning. You can combine different treatment approaches if you are dealing with a severe disorder.
OTHER SIMILAR ARTICLES
5 SIGNS YOU HAVE AN UNHEALTHY RELATIONSHIP WITH FOOD
So much focus in our society is placed on food, dieting and eating habits. It’s important to understand how we eat and to recognize when our eating behaviour might be unhealthy. Our relationship with food is so much more than hunger and cravings – it can easily affect our self-esteem and emotional well-being.READ MORE
Anger management therapy
Getting angry is only normal for every human being. Even though it is a normal emotion and perfectly healthy, holding on to anger can create an emotional barrier that prevents one from moving past painful experiences and engaging in happiness in various areas of life.READ MORE
Hypnosis Treatment and Alcohol Addiction
Alcohol is a popular substance consumed globally. While some people find it easy regulate their alcohol intake others struggle with addiction. Excessive alcohol intake has detrimental effects on our health. Different rehabilitation treatments are used to help addicts recover. Hypnosis for alcohol problems is among the various treatments that are used.READ MORE