Why being slim is a state of mind: The five-step hypnosis programme that will help you to banish Covid stone & keep the weight off for good!
Here below Aaron explains why the Covid pandemic has had such an impact on our diet and eating habits and the 5-step hypnosis programme that will help you to lose excess weight and stay slim forever.
Understand why you have put on weight
‘’Before embarking on a weight loss journey it’s important to understand why you’ve been overeating. The root cause for many over the last year will have been the uncertainty caused by the Covid pandemic".
‘’Emotional eating – eating when we’re not hungry but for comfort – usually occurs out of boredom, stress, upset or a combination of all these factors".
‘’The rush of endorphins caused by comfort eating help guard and deflect away from stresses and make us feel happier temporarily".
‘’Stress and massive uncertainty and also boredom resulting from the pandemic has drastically altered eating habits in our attempts to feel better. But actually fuelling a vicious cycle of feeling better temporarily, but worse longer term as we add excess weight and feel worse about ourselves and our health’’.
Why hypnosis works and is better than a diet
‘’Hypnosis is all about fundamental mindset shifts that change your relationship with food. This will lead to new healthy eating habits becoming naturally ingrained subconsciously for the long term. Weight loss is all down to the power of the mind. My techniques will have greater power than fad diets and will stop you from being at the mercy of your weighing scales".
‘’The techniques outlined below will help you to become happier and more confident and eventually you will be able to eat what you want without feeling shame or guilt".
‘’Being slim is a state of mind. It’s the way you think and behave around food that makes a powerful difference’.’
The five-step hypnosis techniques
- The first step is to visualise the new you at your ideal weight and size several months from now. This simple but powerful exercise, which you should do every morning, will train your unconscious mind to help you lose weight permanently.
- Using an appetite control mechanism in hypnosis that will help to reduce appetite. This involves asking clients to imagine an appetite dial. The appetite dials are able to be dialled down so that the client only eats when physiologically hungry and stops as soon as that hunger has been satisfied. Clients naturally consume less food to satisfy their hunger using this dial system.
- Hypnosis will help you to see food as fuel. Clients learn the difference between real physical hunger and comfort eating which amounts to eating for the sake of eating and is driven by our emotions. Physical hunger gradually builds over several hours where as emotional hunger is often sudden and linked to feelings of boredom, stress or upset which will prompt a visit to the fridge. Hypnosis will encourage clients to listen to their bodies so that they are able to recognise the signs of genuine hunger.
- Mindfulness around food, becoming aware of what you’re eating and why. Hypnosis will teach you to focus on your food and nothing else when you’re eating. Clients are encouraged to slow down the speed at which they eat and to chew each mouthful properly. This alters the experience of eating as you no longer wolf food down but are taking the time to savour it, experience the food that you are eating and crucially you will hear a signal from your brain that will tell you when you are full.
- The sugar addiction aversion. An aversion to excess sugary and floury foods becomes the new norm when hypnotised. Hypnotic suggestions creating a feeling of sickness and nausea when sugary foods are eaten to excess, creating a contentment to stick clear of sugary foods and drinks.
OTHER SIMILAR ARTICLES
5 HABITS HYPNOSIS CAN HELP YOU BREAK
Breaking bad habits is mainly about changing the way we think, which is far easier said than done. Thankfully, hypnosis can work wonders to help us start to make these positive changes!READ MORE
Common Myths about Hypnosis
There have been several debates about hypnosis over the years. Psychologists use this mental concentration approach to achieve various functions such as pain relief and substance abuse recovery. They use verbal repetition and visualization to induce the hypnotic state.READ MORE
“Hypnotherapy For Weight Loss Near Me”: Book Now with City Hypnosis
For those who wish to access weight loss hypnotherapy in London, our clinic in Holborn is the ideal place to visit.
But we know that some people can’t travel in and may want support with online video hypnosis sessions, instead.
You can read on to find out how hypnosis can help you lose weight and what happens during a session. We’ll also share a few weight loss hypnotherapy success stories.READ MORE